The purpose of Make-A-Wish® Eastern North Carolina’s Young Professionals is to engage passionate, dynamic individuals in our area in our mission; to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Members will work to raise awareness and funds for our local chapter to help grant the wishes of the children and families that we serve; through community advocacy, engagement and involvement, and as a significant resource to our staff and Board.
Each member is asked to commit on a yearly basis. Members are expected to be active participants in our chapter in the following ways, over the duration of their yearly term:
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Advocate for Make-A-Wish Eastern North Carolina by sharing the our mission, promoting events and encouraging others to give to the chapter
- A meaningful personal monetary gift to the chapter.
- Given in lump sum or can be drafted in monthly increments
- Can be given in the form of participation, donation or sponsorship of any chapter event(s)
- Participate in or support a participant in Trailblaze Challenge
- Purchasing a seat/table at Wish Ball
- Purchasing a ticket to Wish Upon a Chef (Wilmington)
- Assist in securing support, sponsorships, monetary and in-kind donations, etc. for chapter events
- Corporate/individual sponsorships.
- Title sponsors for events, table sponsors at Wish Ball
- In-kind donations
- Hiker needs for Trailblaze, auction items for Wish Ball
- Hosting individual events or campaigns
- Percentage events at restaurants/shops, setting up Friends & Family page, etc.
- Regular attendance at monthly Young Professionals meetings and related events.
- While we understand that everyone leads busy lives, we need committed individuals who are willing to attend meetings and events whenever possible.
- Opportunities for networking and professional development.
- Opportunities to engage in our mission with the Make-A-Wish staff, Board and other volunteers.
- Based upon merit, a written recommendation on each Young Professional’s LinkedIn profile or in the form of a letter (upon completion of one year of service)