Kids For Wish Kids® is a program that enables students to discover philanthropy by selecting their own fundraising project and managing it from start to finish, with little or no help from their teachers. Students develop leadership skills, build self-esteem and learn about teamwork while working towards a final goal, making a difference in the life of a child who is fighting overwhelming odds. The program is uniquely designed for K-12 school students, student organizations and other youth groups such as scout troops, vacation bible schools and day care centers. Children and students of all ages create ideas for fundraisers and manage the projects with help from their teachers, leaders or supervisors.
Kids For Wish Kids program objectives:
• Increase awareness among children and teenagers about the mission of Make-A-Wish of Eastern North Carolina
• Encourage young people to become actively involved in fulfilling wishes through Make-A-Wish of Eastern North Carolina
• Foster the value of community service, using this program as a hands-on learning experience for children
• Create school spirit and help students learn how to work together for a common goal
• Organize a holiday party, a dance, a bowl-a-thon or walk-a-thon
• Organize a bake sale or a carwash
For more project ideas, read through our Fundraising Ideas!
For more information on how to organize an event for your class or students, read through the Kids for Wish Kids Action Pack or contact Sarah Butcher at 919-821-7111 x201 or at firstname.lastname@example.org