Affiliates located in Bertie, Franklin, Hertford, Johnston, Lenoir and Warren Counties Award Grants to Help Deliver Wishes in eastern North Carolina
MORRISVILLE, N.C. (August 13, 2013)—Make-A-Wish® Eastern North Carolina has been awarded a series of grants totaling $2,550 from five affiliates of the North Carolina Community Foundation (NCCF). These grants will help deliver wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions.
• The Johnston County Community Foundation awarded $1,000 from its community grant making fund.
• Make-A-Wish Eastern North Carolina was one of four organizations to receive $250 from the Franklin County Community Foundation.
• The Lenoir County Community Foundation awarded $500.
• The Warren County Unrestricted Endowment Fund awarded $400.
• The Bertie-Hertford Community Foundation awarded $400.
“We are grateful to the affiliates of the NCCF who have selected our chapter to be a first-time recipient of their services,” said Make-A-Wish Eastern North Carolina Director of Major Gifts Christine Grant. “Through their support and generosity, we are able to fund the wishes of kids in these local communities.”
The NCCF is the single statewide community foundation serving North Carolina and has made nearly $68 million in grants since its inception in 1988. With more than $156 million in assets, the NCCF sustains 1,000 plus funds and endowments established to provide long-term support of a broad range of community needs, nonprofit organizations, institutions and scholarships. The NCCF partners with 60 affiliate foundations to provide local resource allocation and community assistance in 67 countries across the state. An important component of the NCCF’s mission is to ensure that rural philanthropy has a voice at local, regional and national levels. For more information, visit nccommunityfoundation.org and Facebook and follow @NCCF on Twitter.